Featured Webinar: Fastest Way To Get A Job

Featured Webinar: Fastest Way To Get A Job
Fastest Way To Get A Job Webinar

Monday, July 11, 2011

Enjoying Elton

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott
I love my cabletelevision.net's On Demand feature, especially the musical shows. I like all kinds of music and there is a great selection of concert, documentary and interview programs. Recently, I watched an Elton John concert which looked great in HD and sounded great in surround sound. I have long been an Elton fan and this show did not disappoint.
Hitting the stage with his full band, Elton jumped right into his catalogue of hits, Bennie and the Jets, Crocodile Rock, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, his real rockers. He was playing a huge white grand piano. He has toned down his wardrobe from the days of neon blinking eyeglasses and monster platform shoes. Still, he was wearing a Liberace-like jacket, sequined and studded with rhinestones. I suppose my favorite part of the show was the section he did alone. He and his songwriting partner, Bernie Taupin, have created some of the best music of their generation. It really comes home on the slower, piano-based numbers, especially my favorite, Candle in the Wind. It was kind of over-played with the whole Princess Di thing, but I never get tired of hearing it and it sounded great. Elton is truly gifted and as I watched I thought about how he has turned his life around from excess. I know I'll be watching this concert again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this article useful? If so, subscribe to our newsletter to read more!