Featured Webinar: Fastest Way To Get A Job

Featured Webinar: Fastest Way To Get A Job
Fastest Way To Get A Job Webinar

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Career Changing At 56 Years Old:Comment Of The Day

 Derrick has left a new comment on your post "Career Change at 40, 50+": 

Great story! I'm a great example of a 50+ year old who has had to make various career changes. I have been a U.S. Marine who was trained in public affairs. When I was discharged I worked as a police officer for 15 years until small town politics forced me to seek another profession. I then worked as a radio announcer for many years until I was in my mid-40's. I then became a truck driver and realized that the job did not stimulate me enough. I went to Iraq as a private contractor for about three years and when I came back I faced a tough economy with few jobs. I studied and got a few computer certifications during nine months of unemployment and now I work for a national cable company as a tier 3 technical support agent at 56 years old! My peers are much younger but I came well prepared and my age has been a benefit rather than a hindrance. This will most likely be the last job I will have as I plan to use their pension to provide a decent retirement in about 10 years God willing, but nobody can't tell me that it can't be done! Thanks for your article! 



Tell Us Your Story Below?

Would You Like To Find A Job Quicker Using LinkedIn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was this article useful? If so, subscribe to our newsletter to read more!