Prepare Your Responses
Phone interviews follow a similar pattern of questioning with the purpose of screening you out of consideration. Below is a list of questions most phone interviewers ask. Write down and practice your responses.
- Tell Me About Yourself.
- What do you know about our company?
- How did you learn about this position?
- What is our current salary?
- What are your compensation requirements?
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Do you have any questions?
Questions You Ask
Questions are your primary tool of influence with an interviewer. Questions help you direct the conversation and assess if the company is right for you. Here are some questions to ask during a phone interview.
Questions you ask at the beginning of the phone interview.
- What is your position with this company?
- How much time would you like to speak on the phone?
- What position are you considering me for?
- What are the key things you'd like to learn about my background?
Questions you could ask in the middle of the interview.
- What business imperatives are driving the need for this position?
- Describe the three top challenges that I'll face in this job?
- What are the characteristics of people who are most successful in your company?
- What are the key deliverables and outcomes that this position must achieve?
Questions you ask at the end of the phone interview.
- What additional information would you like me to provide?
- What concerns do you have at this point?
- When is the best time to follow up with you?
Best of luck on your next interview. It is the most important moment in your search for a better position.
NEW to INTERNS OVER 40? Subscribe to our newsletter - it's FREE
Click here to read part 1 of this article
Michael R. Neece, CEO Interview Mastery
ONLINE WORKSHOPS SCHEDULE
*September 23, 24, 25: "Fastest Way to Get a Job” Register Here
*September 23, 24, 25: “The 30/60/90 Day Action Plan” Register Here
*September 27: LIVE EVENT “5 Simple Tips to Beat Age Discrimination”Register Here
*September 28: LIVE EVENT “Perfect Interview Answers”Register Here
*October 4: LIVE EVENT "Stop Applying and Get Hired Instantly"Register Here
*October 5: LIVE EVENT "How to Get a Job in 6 Weeks – Guaranteed”Register Here
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Prepare Your Responses
Posted by internsover40bloggers at 11:30 PM