Starting our careers with the greatest intentions often leads us down the well-trodden path only to find ourselves somewhere down the road feeling stuck in the mud.
As we all know, what looks like a successful career to most observers, may actually feel like a dead end — if you’ve lost that spark that used to make you jump out of bed every morning, eager to start the day.
Rather than popping a couple of Xanax, you might consider a new career to rejuvenate.
The wide world of franchising offers many options to change your career and take back control of your life. Whatever your skills and interests, there’s likely a good franchise match for you. You can find franchises across many sectors, from business-to-business to consumer services and sales. Think everything from tech support to printing services to haircuts on the go. With a franchise, you get a fully-tested system, ongoing support and training and, best of all, you get to be your own boss. Plus you have a whole network of fellow franchisees to consult, all of which helps franchisees find a high rate of success.
So take your career pulse and decide if you’ve got any of the Seven Signs You Should Consider a Franchise:
1. Frustrated with Corporate America? With multiple handbooks on what to wear, how to talk to the opposite sex, forms to fill out for vacation days, and little flexibility when it comes to tweaking all the rules and regulations, corporate America sometimes seems to have more bureaucracy and red tape than the IRS. If you’ve had it up to your eyeballs, it may be time to consider your options.
2. Tired of office politics? Maneuvering around the touchy boss or sketchy co-workers can take a toll. Make all the decisions yourself when you are your own boss.
3. Want more flexibility in your career? If you need to stretch those skills beyond the same old, same old or yearn for a new playbook to shake up the cobwebs in your brain, you may require a new work paradigm where you can use your creativity to solve problems and invent new ways to do it better. Have more fun at work!
4. Tired of making more money for your employer than you make for yourself? When you own the business, all the profits are yours. And with a franchise, you don’t need to reinvent the wheel.
5. Want more work/life balance? Next time you want to reschedule your vacation to suit a family member’s schedule, you could just do it! That is, if you’re the boss.
6. Tired of unreasonable work expectations/demands? Needless to say, everyone’s had a boss at one point or another who has played favorites or shifted blame to cover their own incompetence. Then, there are the bosses who never give an inch and far too often keep you at work long after your children go to bed. If you’re ready to take control over your work schedule, try a franchise.
7. Suffering age discrimination? Many companies are often quick to lay off or sideline the mid-career worker, whether he or she is too expensive or for no rational reason whatsoever. Rather than submit, break free and turn the skills built over a solid career into a business for yourself.
If you exhibit even a few of these signs, it’s time to consult a franchise coach and learn how a franchise can free you from the tethers of corporate America.
Ready to make your dream of becoming an entrepreneur come true? Get your free evaluation today!
Contact Dan Citrenbaum to help you create the career you’ve always wanted. As a franchise
coach, Dan brings years of experience helping people select and buy a franchise or existing
business. You can reach Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (215) 367-5349.
© Dan Citrenbaum 2014