6/19/13 Featured Career Transition Articles/Video:
Saturday, April 20, 2013
I would like to point out 8 Realities That Affect An Older Job Seeker. These Conditions probably have an effect on most of you:
1) A basic lack of available jobs.
2) A mismatch of current work skills to available jobs.
3) A bias against hiring and keeping older workers.
4) Continued movement of job's to the lowest cost provider including India, Asia and Eastern Europe.
5) A lack of willingness for older workers to take jobs that may be significantly less in pay and status then their previous positions.
6) The burden of a financially leveraged legacy with mortgages, car payments, credit cards and college tuition's.
7) A lack of federal, state and local political will and/or agreement to help working class people to regain their footing including: freeing up capital for new businesses development, publicly financed job creation and appropriate skills training.
8) The increased concentration of wealth with the top 1% resulting in a less broad distribution of wealth that could stimulate local businesses.
Posted by oceanflash08 at 6:59 AM