Sample Informational Interview Questions:
|Source:CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U. S. Department of Labor, |
Employment and Training Administration
- What is a typical day on this job really like?
- How did you get into this field?
- What do you like about your job? Any dislikes?
- What's the best way to find out about jobs in this field?
- What kind of experience or training is required?
- What is the career ladder for this position?
- May I have a copy of a job description?
- What are employers looking for (skills, education, experience)?
- How important is the resume and what makes one impressive?
- What do you look for in employees?
- How do you stay current in your knowledge?
- What's the corporate culture like here?
- Are there related fields I might want to look into if few jobs are available in my primary career choice?
- What are current job prospects like?
- What are the most important parts of your job?
- Is your job typical of others in this field?
- Which firms do you think are your toughest competitors, and how do they differ from your company?
- Is there anyone else you can refer me to in this field?
- How do you normally hire for this occupation?
- What is the average turnover in this type of job?
- Is my resume appropriate for this occupation?
- What would you recommend I do at this point to get into this field?
- Would you provide feedback as to the appropriateness of my resume for this occupation?
- What are the future trends for this field?