Want to make a better hire? Great article for Employers who need a simple and fast reminder as to the questions you want clarity on before making a hiring decision. (Editor's Note)
"So you have just lost an employee - maybe they quit, maybe you fired them, maybe they moved within the company. Regardless of the reason, now is the time to decide the type of person you want - not the background or experience-level (that part is easy), but the things not seen in a resume.
Here are some of the questions you will want answered before making an offer
• What is this person's real weaknesses?
• How loyal is this person?
• Is this person as proactive, organized, creative etc that they claim to be?
• Can they work autonomously?
• What really motivates this person?
To determine a candidate's weaknesses, ask:
• If I were to contact your last boss, what would they say would be the biggest area you could improve upon?
• What is a weakness that you are currently working towards making a strength?
• What things do some of your coworkers may say are your weaknesses but you believe are your strengths?
To determine a candidate's loyalty, ask:
• What did you do the last time a recruiter called you?
• Thinking of past managers, which managers did you feel more loyal to and why?
• What type of person do you respect the most?
To determine a candidate's initiative, creativity etc, ask:
• Initiative - Tell me about project XYZ - how did you identify the problem and what were the steps you took to implement a change. Tell me a time when you identified a problem and had to communicate it to management - what was it about the problem that caught your attention and what did you do to convince management to allow you to implement change.
• Organized - Tell me a time when your ability to organize was challenged the most and did you find a way to create order from chaos? How do you plan your day? What tips would you give someone who is overwhelmed with paperwork or tasks?
• Creativity - Tell me about your last idea. What inspired you and did you change you idea after consideration? How would you improve upon this process? Tell me a time when you creatively solved a problem in a way no one had considered in the past?
Click here to read part 2 of this article
ONLINE WORKSHOPS SCHEDULE
*January 23, 24, 25: "Fastest Way to Get a Job” Register Here
*January 23, 24, 25: “The 30/60/90 Day Action Plan” Register Here
*January 24: LIVE EVENT "Stop Applying and Get Hired Instantly"Register Here
*January 25: LIVE EVENT "How to Get a Job in 6 Weeks – Guaranteed”Register Here
*January 31: LIVE EVENT “5 Simple Tips to Beat Age Discrimination” RegisterHere
*February 1: LIVE EVENT “Perfect Interview Answers”Register Here
Saturday, August 2, 2014
Posted by Arash Ahmadi at 1:00 AM